Vegans: Eat at Skinny Dip Cafe!

Vegan MoFo #21 – The Skinny Dip Cafe in Bondi is my favorite local breakfast place. It’s walking distance from home, has many tables outside, and offers great food & coffee. What more could you want on a Sunday morning? I love that they offer tofu scramble as an egg-alternative for vegans (or any other cool person). How many times have I had to settle on toast with peanut butter instead? Don’t get me wrong, I love me some PB&J (Brian, @crabbyvegan, knows what I’m talkin about!), but it’s great to have such a healthy option on the menu. The tofu is scrambled with Kalimata olives, spinach, and sundried tomatoes, served alongside a huge bunch of steamed-spinach, a couple slices of fresh Turkish pide bread and a little bowl of hummus. I ask for “no feta, hold the pide” so it’s vegan and purrrrrfect! They also make fresh-to-order juices that are awesome. My favorites are the pineapple-apple-mint one, as well as the apple-carrot-ginger. And of course, their soy lattes are amazing, as is pretty much all coffee here in Australia (FML when I move back to North America and have to deal with the burnt syrup that passes as coffee over there. Bleg!)

Skinny Dip Cafe Sydney - Restaurant Review

Skinny Dip Cafe Sydney - Restaurant

Anyway, this is my recommendation on where to eat for breakfast/brunch in Bondi Beach. Leave a comment if you’ve eaten there too, and let me know what you thought!

PS – Here’s my recipe for Tofu Scramble… when I feel like cooking!

Skinny Dip on Urbanspoon

Vegan Month of Food

1. YUM! The food looks gorgeous!

It is! Thanks for your comment! :)

2. brian says:

indeed i do know what you are talking about ;) this breakfast looks divine. i hope to get to bondi beach sometime!

Haha! Oh, there are a few little vegan gems here – I’d be happy to show you around! :)

3. Megan says:

Hey Ange
    I’ve got a couple of cafe suggestions for you to try out and to also get you over to the inner west for a bit!! ;-) Not sure how totally vegan they are but have some great vego and organic options so I am sure you’ll also be able to find some vegan choices on the menu.

“Scrambled” on Enmore Rd in Enmore – have a great tofu scramble and is my little local cafe; is great for people watching particularly if you like mixing it up with all types. The other one is “About Life” on Darling St in Rozelle. It’s an organic grocer as well as cafe. One of my favourites when looking for special gourmet goodies :-)

Would love to hear your thoughts!
    Megs

Hi Megan – THANKS so much for your comments. I haven’t eaten at any of those so I’ll definitely check them out!! I forgot to link to my own tofu scramble recipe, here: http://vegangela.com/2010/10/02/south-west-tofu-scramble/… It’s great but sometimes, you just want someone else to cook, right? :)

4. OMG! I ate this exact meal at Skinny Dip every Monday for about 2 years! I’d take my little baby girl for her swim lessons with my three gorgeous friends and their baby girls and we would brunch at Skinny Dip after. Good times. Thanks for the Bondi flash back.

Hah, that’s great! Glad it brought back nice memories for you! :)

5. Ps. Thought you might enjoy this blog by an old friend from Sydney, now in Canada. nosubstitutions.ca

THANKS! That’s the opposite situation to me (Canuck in Oz) – your bags are gorgeous, btw ;)

6. Lou says:

Oh wow, I have just found your blog and I am SO excited! I love it! Really appreciate these vegan-eats recommendations as I come to Sydney a lot (my in laws all live there) and I am always keen for new places to try out (with interesting vegan fare). Love your work :)

Hi Lou – I’m so glad that you’re able to use these recommendation. Let me know if you visit any of these places. My favorite breakfast place is Mad Spuds in Surry Hills. I did a write-up on it too. All the best! :)