Almost Raw Vegan Cheesecake

Check out this recipe for Pretty Darn Raw Vegan Cheesecake from Allyson @ Manifest Vegan. Like Allyson, I’m trying to incorporate more raw foods into my diet. Thankfully that doesn’t just mean eating more salad! This recipe is proof that you can make delicious raw desserts that compare in flavor and decadence to traditional recipes.

In this case, the cashews and coconut oil create a rich and creamy filling – not like the bland tofu cheesecakes you may have tried in the past. And the crust is a breeze! Making pie crust is probably my least-favorite part of baking, and I always find it a hassle to find vegan graham cookies when I need them. But who needs all that when you can make a perfectly delicious (and way healthier) crust made from just 2 ingredients: almonds and dates?!

Almost Raw Vegan Cheesecake

Notes

• I ran a quick nutritional check on this, and it turns out that it has about the same fat content as a regular New York cheesecake. But it’s all “healthy” fats so you don’t have to feel as guilty about it, right? Right!
  • While it’s probably not an “everyday” dessert –  this is an awesome option for those of us who are vegan, dairy-free, or choosing to eat more raw foods. (High-end restaurants: are you listening? No more fresh-fruit cups… I want raw vegan cheesecake!)
  • The shot below was taken straight from the freezer so the slice looks a lot more firm than it was after a few hours in the fridge. One of these days, I will learn to be patient!
  • Allyson topped her cheesecake with an awesome blackberry coulis and I happened to have kiwifruit and strawberries on hand, so that’s what I used. Be creative!
  • Also, I recently modified this recipe a little bit to make a new variation of this cheesecake. Stay tuned for that!

Recipe: Pretty Darn Raw Vegan Cheesecake

Almost Raw Vegan Cheesecake

1. cheesecakes are one of my very favorites, and I love to make a raw or vegan version.

that first photo with the kiwi topping is SO pretty!!

Thanks for your comments, Kristina! This was my first time making a raw cheesecake but I know there will be many, many more to come! :)

2. Allyson says:

wowie zowie, your version looks insanely good! I have got to get some kiwis and impress some folks! So glad you like raw cheesecake too! It’s extra yum, easy as heck to modify, and no baking! :)

Aw thanks Allyson! I really want to try it next time with your blackberry topping (I LOVE backberries). Also, I made this again yesterday with a variation… will post that in a week or so and let you know when it’s up! Thanks again for this awesome recipe!

3. Emily says:

Wow, the kiwi topping “takes the cake”!! Hee hee! In all seriousness, I am so impressed by your cheesecake. I actually think it looks BETTER than a traditional cheesecake. Go girl!

-Emily

Thanks Emily – The topping is just a mashed-up kiwi. Amazing how mother nature can produce such a beautiful “icing”, huh? Thanks as always for the comment & kind words!

4. Hi Angela, your cheesecake looks and sounds amazing – you’ve gotta love those healthy fats too :)

Thanks Karla! Yes, so nice to know you can eat this and not feel too guilty! Thanks for your comments :)

5. Oh my, this looks fabulous! It really does look light and fluffy (and like it has no calories at all!) ;) Beautiful!

I WISH! Haha! Thanks JL :)

6. Hannah says:

Teehee, I’ve had that exact same problem with impatience meaning that I’ve eaten my raw desserts (in my case, a key lie pie that I still haven’t blogged :S) long before they’ve really thawed enough to reach the height of their magnificence. Really must remember that waiting = more tastiness! :P

Can’t wait to see your version of this – cheesecake is one of the raw desserts I’ve yet to try!

Hi Hannah – Me too! I ate raw vegan brownies pretty much out of the food processor once :)

Funny you mention key lime pie… stay tuned… and I look forward to seeing yours!

7. daina says:

Honey, where did you find coconut oil? I am assuming agave is fairly common at health food stores?

hi Daina! Yes, agave and coconut oil are both available at health food stores. Make sure you get organic for both, and extra virgin cold pressed for the coconut oil. Give me a shout if you have any other questions! x

8. judi says:

Nice photos, but where is the recipe??