Have you heard? It’s Vegan MoFo time! Vegan MoFo is short for Vegan Month of Food, and it’s a full-on blog-fest in which foodie-bloggers share incredible vegan food recipes and photographs throughout the entire month. There are over 600 beautiful vegan food blogs participating this year, and I can’t wait to see what everyone gets up to! Check out the full list of Vegan MoFo participants, or check out the handy Vegan MoFo RSS bundles to follow the categories that best suit you.
Life has been pretty crazy for me since moving back to Canada. I have such little time to blog now that I work outside the home and spend over two hours a day commuting. I’m also working on a huge work project, and the long hours are leaving me with little time to try new recipes – let alone blog about them. It’s funny, all this time people have told me how much my blog has helped them to eat healthier and embrace a vegan lifestyle. And yet over the last few months, I’m probably the one who has been referencing this website the most. I’ve been practically living off of my everyday vegan recipes!
Despite all that, I love Vegan MoFo and I couldn’t imagine not participating in it again this year. So, I signed-up and have committed to (finally!) share all of the great food experiences that I had while travelling through New Zealand and South East Asia earlier this year. As I mentioned back in July during my trip wrap-up,
Here are some of the highlights that I can’t wait to share with you:
- The fun and cheap street food that I was able to enjoy along the way (while finding vegan-friendly food was challenging at times, when it was available, it was really good!)
- The colorful markets that I visited, where I learned about the many fruits and vegetables unique to each country
- The incredible cooking classes that I took in Bali, Vietnam, Cambodia and Thailand
- The special gourmet vegan and raw meals that I was able to enjoy when we decided to splurge at the region’s most famous restaurants
- An incredible vegan + organic winery that we discovered in New Zealand
- The amazing elephant rescue and rehabilitation center that lets visitors feed and bathe these amazing creatures (instead of forcing them to perform for humans)
- The 7-day no-food detox that I completed (go me!) in Ko Samui, Thailand
- Some travel and packing tips that I picked up along the way, and of course, some vegan travel information for those of you looking to embark on your own adventures!
For today’s post, I thought I’d share a few shots from our last month in Sydney, Australia that I never got around to posting before we embarked on our trip and then moved back to Canada. Here they are:
misschu Tuckshop, Sydney Opera House
Vue Bar & Tapas, Bondi Beach
That’s it for today… Up next: New Zealand!