I received my third Vegan Cuts Beauty Box last week and finally got around to shooting an unboxing video over the weekend. If you missed last month’s review, check out my Vegan Cuts: January 2014 Beauty Box post.
What’s a Vegan Cuts Beauty Box?
It’s an awesome beauty product subscription service that sends you a box filled with delightful vegan beauty products each month. For more info, visit the Vegan Cuts Beauty Box webpage.
Here’s a video of me unboxing my February 2014 Vegan Cuts Beauty Box:
Beauty Box Contents
The Beauty Box is meant to contain 4-7 products, and mine contained 6 (5 + a bonus tea light candle). Here they are:
- 1 x full-size (3oz) tube: Chandler Farm Linus’s Hand Cream, Natural Lavender
- 1 x full-size (3.5g) lipstick: MEDUSA’S MAKE UP Lipstick, Lolita
- 1 x full-size (.15 oz) lip balm: Molly Rose Lip Balm in “Pickles & Ice Cream”
- 1 x small sample: Yarok Feed Your Do Styling Whip
- 1 x .15oz sample tube: Greenbody Natural Deodorant in Balanced Scent
- 1 x tea light candle: Birthed By Earth, lemongrass scented
I haven’t had a chance to try everything yet, but here are my initial thoughts:
- As you can see from my unboxing video, I was really excited to try Medusa’s Make-Up Lipstick. Unfortunately, I didn’t find the Lolita shade to be faltering for my olive skin tone. It was more of a deep burgundy whereas I tend to prefer nude, pure red, or coral tones. However, the lipstick felt very creamy and I loved the packaging, so I’d recommend it to women who prefer a bold lip.
- I’m always on the lookout for beeswax-free lip products so I was pleased to discover Molly Rose Lip Balm. It’s a little bit greasier than I prefer for an everyday lip balm, but the “Pickles and Ice Cream” flavor tastes and smells surprisingly good so I would consider buying it (and trying some of their other flavors) in the future.
- While I’m not a huge fan of lavender-scented products, I like the way that Chandler Farm Hand Cream moisturizes my skin and I appreciate the fact that the company donates a portion of their profits to orangutan and rainforest conservation. I’ll be keeping an eye out for their other scents, such as coconut & banana. Mmm!
Value for Money
Looking at the value of the Beauty Box contents, it’s difficult to put a monetary value on the sample-sized items, so I tend to think of them as “bonus” items. Here’s the breakdown of the full-size items:
So once again, Americans get a great deal with their $19.95 subscription price and Canadians also do well at $27.95. At $34.95 for international customers, it becomes less about value, and more about discovering new vegan beauty products. Even with the higher international price, I will continue to keep my subscription because at the end of the day, I appreciate the fact that someone has done all the “work” of discovering great vegan beauty products for me. And receiving a box full of vegan beauty goodies each month is pretty darn awesome!