Vegan Blueberry Macadamia Crumble / Crisp
Author: Angela @ Vegangela.com
Recipe type: Dessert, Crumble, Crisp
- 2 cups fresh blueberries (or 300g/10 oz frozen blueberries)
- ¼ cup raw sugar
- 2 tsp. lemon zest
- 2 tsp. water
- ⅔ cup wholewheat (wholemeal) flour
- ⅔ cup oats
- ½ cup raw sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup coconut oil (or vegan margarine)
- ¼ cup macadamia nuts (or almonds) roughly chopped
- If using coconut oil and it is liquified, refrigerate it for about 5 minutes until it is the consistency of margarine / shortening.
- Mix all ingredients for the filling and distribute evenly in a 9×9 inch (1.5L) dish or amongst small ramekins.
- Preheat oven to 375F/190C.
- Mix flour, oats, sugar and salt in a mixing bowl. Using a pastry cutter or fork, add coconut oil or margarine and mix well.
- Spread crumb mixture over fruit filling and bake for about 30 minutes, but watch it to make sure the top doesn’t burn.
Recipe by Vegangela at http://vegangela.com/2010/11/17/blueberry-macadamia-crumble/