Vegan Two-Mushroom Tapenade
Recipe type: Appetizer, Tapas, Dip, Snack
Serves: 2 cups
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme (or 1 tsp dried)
- ¼ tsp tsp each salt & pepper
- 3 cups quartered cremini mushrooms (about 8 oz.)
- 2 cups quartered shitake mushrooms (about 3 oz.)
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- ⅓ cup pitted oil-cured black olives
- 1 tbsp drained capers, rinsed
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- In large skillet, heat half of the oil over medium-high heat; cook garlic, thyme, salt and pepper for 4 minutes, stirring often.
- Add mushrooms and stir occasionally, cooking until softened, about 4 minutes.
- Add wine and cook until absorbed.
- Transfer to food processor. Add olives, capers, parsley, and remaining oil. Pulse until blended but still chunky.
- Serve cool or at room temperature, refrigerate up to 4 days.
Recipe by Vegangela at http://vegangela.com/2010/12/02/two-mushroom-tapenade/