Fried Cauliflower, Chickpea and Swiss Chard
Author: Angela @ Vegangela.com
Recipe type: Salad, Side
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups swiss chard (silverbeet) leaves
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp cumin seeds (or ground cumin)
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Heat olive oil in a large frying pan over medium-low heat. Add cauliflower and fry until softened and golden-brown, about 5 minutes.
- Add chickpeas and cumin seeds, and fry for an additional 3 minutes.
- Add swiss chard and lemon juice, and fry until wilted, about 2 minutes.
- Season with salt & pepper, and drizzle with additional olive oil (if desired).
Serves: 2 main salads, 4 side dishes
Recipe by Vegangela at http://vegangela.com/2011/05/17/cauliflower-chickpea-swiss-chard-salad/