Vegan Tex-Mex Tomato Quinoa
Author: Angela @ Vegangela.com
Recipe type: Side
Cuisine: Mexican, Southwest, Tex-Mex
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ⅓ cup quinoa, rinsed
- 1 can (400ml) diced tomatoes, with liquid
- 1 tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- salt and pepper
- lemon wedges
- cilantro (fresh coriander)
- In a medium saucepan, mix quinoa and diced tomatoes (with juice) and bring to boil. Lower heat to lowest setting, cover saucepan and simmer until quinoa is ready, about 15 minutes.
- While quinoa is cooking: in a frying pan, heat oil over medium heat and stir-fry the onion, garlic, cumin and chili powder until onions translucent.
- Mix onion mixture into quinoa mixture and season with salt and pepper. Serve garnished with lime wedges and cilantro.
Adapted from: http://wheres-the-beach.blogspot.com.au/2011/08/hitting-gym-and-lazy-means-creative-tex.html
Recipe by Vegangela at http://vegangela.com/2011/09/16/tex-mex-tomato-quinoa/