Vegan Low-Carb Cauliflower Risotto
Author: Angela @ Vegangela.com
Recipe type: Main, Side
Serves: 4-6 sides
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 450g mushrooms, chopped (I used just oyster, but any mix would be great)
- 1 head cauliflower, grated (either by hand or food processor)
- ¼ cup dry white wine
- 1 cup onion, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- 6 Tbsp pine nuts, lightly toasted
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp vegan margarine
- pepper, to taste
- truffle oil
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a medium skillet and cook the mushrooms until tender; set aside.
- Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat and cook the onions and garlic for a few minutes until the onion becomes translucent.
- Add the cauliflower and wine, and cook for about 5 minutes, until the wine has evaporated.
- Add the broth, reduce the heat and cover, letting it cook a few minutes. You’ll want the cauliflower to be “al dente” with a little texture so it isn’t just mush.
- Meanwhile, pulse together the pine nuts, nutritional yeast, and salt until it forms a powdery consistency.
- Remove the cauliflower from the heat and stir in the nut mixture until well combined. Stir in the margarine and season with pepper, to taste.
- Stir in the mushrooms and drizzle some truffle oil on top before serving.
Recipe by Vegangela at http://vegangela.com/2010/11/25/low-carb-risotto/