Vegan Rocket & Cashew Spread
Author: Angela @ Vegangela.com
Recipe type: Spread, Dip, Appetiser, Canapé, Hors d'Oeuvre
Serves: 2 cups
- 1.5 cups cashews (raw or roasted)
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 garlic clove
- 3 cups rocket (about 120g)
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- crushed red chili pepper (optional)
- In a food processor, add the cashews, nutritional yeast and garlic. Pulse gently, so that the ingredients are mixed but the cashews are still chunky. Empty into medium-sized bowl and set aside.
- In the food processor, add the olive oil and lemon juice first, and then the rocket. Pulse to blend well.
- Mix rocket mixture into cashew mixture, and season with salt, pepper and crushed red chili pepper (if using).
- Serve with thick crostini-type crackers. May be stored in the fridge up to 3 days.
For pesto, reduce the cashews to ½ cup.
Recipe by Vegangela at http://vegangela.com/2013/12/02/rocket-cashew-spread/