(Almost Raw) Vegan Key Lime Cheesecake

Ever since making my first almost raw vegan cheesecake, I’ve been thinking about making a key lime version. The slight coconut flavor and taste in the original recipe inspired me to put a further tropical spin on it. All I really did was swap-out the lemon juice for lots of fresh lime juice and zest. The result is just as creamy and decadent as the original – but reminiscent of a summer key lime pie.

(Almost Raw) Vegan Key Lime Cheesecake

Notes

• This recipe is based on Allyson @ Manifest Vegan’s Pretty Darn Raw Vegan Cheesecake. All I did was replace the lemon with lime (the juice and zest of 4 limes for a 8″ cheesecake).
  • As per Allyson’s note, agave nectar isn’t technically considered to be raw… but I agree with her statement that it’s probably one of the healthier options you can go with, so I’ve kept that here. If I can get my hands on some coconut sugar, then I’ll try that next time.
  • I scaled the recipe by 1/4  and used a mini spring form pan (10cm/4″), which you can see in the photo below. This provided four good “wide but short” stubby servings. The cheesecake is very rich so you’ll want to serve small portions. The instructions below are for a full-sized (20cm/8″) cheesecake.
  • If you wanted to add even more tropical flavor, you could add a bit of shredded coconut to the crust.
Vegan Raw Nut Crust Almost Raw Vegan Key Lime Cheesecake Filling

Mini Spring Form Pan

(Almost Raw) Vegan Key Lime Cheesecake

(Almost Raw) Vegan Key Lime Cheesecake (Almost Raw) Vegan Key Lime Cheesecake (Almost Raw) Vegan Key Lime Cheesecake

(Almost Raw) Vegan Key Lime Cheesecake

(Almost Raw) Vegan Key Lime Cheesecake

1. Jodi says:

Wow this looks amazing! I almost think this looks more refreshing than the first one, and I certainly could use a bite in this extreme heat in Boston! The good thing about this too is that all the ingredients are usually pantry staples for me, so it is nice not having to go to the store to buy heaps of ingredients for just one recipe. Definitely will try this!

Hi Jodi – Thanks for your comment. It’s definitely refreshing, that’s for sure! Let me know if you try it!

• Jodi says:

Hi Angela, I made this last night for dessert (lime version) and it was delicious! It was so light and refreshing. Unfortunately I was limited to my mum’s small food processor so I had to work in batches, but it worked! I found it a little too sweet for my liking, so next time I probably would reduce the agave nectar to about 1/2 cup and taste it from there. Thanks for posting!!

Hi Jodi – Thanks for the follow-up, I love hearing what people think. Good feedback on the agave, I might try that myself next time. Keep in touch! A

2. Louise Thompson says:

Your pictures of the cheese cake are amazing. When you view them you want to run to the grocery store and purchase the ingredients and make it a.s.p. That’s exactly what I am going to do right now. Yum yum your mother.

Hi mom! Thanks for leaving me a comment! Wait until I’m home in a few weeks, I’ll make it for you then! XOX

3. Preeti says:

Yum, Yum, Yum! I’ve always loved cheesecake and I haven’t actually had one since becoming vegan, I am going to give this a try, I love the freshness of the lime, I bet it tastes great! so refreshing for the hot summer days.

Hi Preeti – Thanks for your comment. You must try raw cheesecake, it’s super yummy but very rich. You only need a teeny piece :)

4. Laura says:

Hi Angela! First of all: I love your blog. I just discovered it and immediately put it in my bookmarks. I tried an even tinier version of this cheesecake a few days ago and OH MY that was amazing! Who needs dairy if you can have this! Now I’ll just have to wait patiently for an event and an excuse to make a bigger version of this gem.

Keep it coming, I’ll keep reading :)

Love,
    Laura (all the way from Amsterdam)

Hi Laura – Thank you so much for the kind words. I’m glad to hear that you liked the cheesecake and I love how you managed to make an even smaller version. I also want a good excuse to make a bigger version – but I like how my mini spring form pan lets me make small ones whenever I want. I’ve been swamped the past couple weeks, but there are many new posts coming… going to check out YOUR blog now! All the best – A

5. Teresa says:

Hi Vegangela: Can you post, or send to my email, the cut ingredients for the mini springform pan? Living alone, that is all I really need. Thanks

Hi Teresa, you’re going to test my fractions, here aren’t you? Here goes! :)

Crust

1/2 cups almonds
      1/4 cup dried Medjool dates

Filling

3/4 cup + 2 tbsp raw cashews -soaked for at least one hour
      3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
      3 tbsp agave
      1/4 cup organic, unrefined coconut oil- liquefied (see below)
      2 tbsp cup water
      1/4 vanilla bean or 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
      1/8 teaspoon celtic sea salt

6. April B says:

Hi Angela,

I have to agree with your mom… I seen this recipe today and I felt like leaving work to go get the ingredients and make the cheese cake!

Thanks for posting the cut in half version of this recipe too – I was afraid if I made the whole thing I would likely eat the whole thing too :)

Your website is fantastic BTW, I really like all the recipes & photos you have posted. Keep up the great work.

April
    Calgary Alberta

Hi April – Thanks for the kind words about my site and about this recipe. Please let me know if you try it :)

7. Darrell says:

I don’t know why but I can’t find the recipe here? Maybe its my browser, but I really want to try this cheesecake!

The link to the original recipe and the modifications (to make it a key lime pie) are in the Notes section above.