I started making this sandwich back in high school, and although I don’t consider it a real “recipe”, it’s something that I make from time to time when I’m craving a sandwich or I’m in need of a quick meal. It can be easily customized to your personal sandwich preferences and/or whatever you have on hand at the moment.
- You could also top this with vegan “bacon” to make a sort of BLT… I’m working on a “real” recipe for that so stay tuned…
- I submitted this recipe to the authors of the The Garden of Vegan: How It All Vegan Again! cookbook years ago, so if you own a copy of it, look for this recipe in it. I’m the “Angela from Ottawa” 🙂
- 2 slices of tofu
- Sprouts or lettuce or baby spinach
- 2 tomato slices
- 2 avocado slices (optional)
- 2 slices vegan bread (gluten-free, as required)
- vegan mayonnaise
- vegan margarine (optional)
- vegetable oil
- salt and pepper
- Heat oil in a frying pan on medium heat. Cook the tofu on both sides until browned.
- Season tofu with salt and pepper.
- Assemble sandwich using bread, margarine, mayonnaise, tofu, and veggies.