Today I’m excited to be sharing something I’ve been wanting to do for a long time: recipe videos!
I created my VegangelaTV YouTube channel a few months ago with the goal of sharing quick and easy recipe ideas. For the first video, I decided to share my 5-Minute Vegan Taco Salad. It’s not really a recipe, but just something I throw together whenever I don’t feel like cooking, but still want something super tasty and healthy to eat. Take a look when you have a moment:
The video is a bit rough, but I should get a better handle on things as I make more of them. If you watched the video, I’d love to hear your feedback!
The basic “recipe” is below, but I never really make the same salad twice, because I just use whatever I have on hand. Here are some other delicious options:
- Brown Rice
- Quinoa (plain or Tex-Mex Tomato Quinoa)
- Lightly fried tofu or tempeh
- Refried beans
- Bell Peppers, Diced or Sliced
- Cucumber, Diced
- Carrot, Shredded
- Cabbage, Shredded
- Red Onions / Green Onions, Diced
- Corn (canned, frozen, grilled)
- Mushrooms, Sliced & Fried
- Sweet Potato, Roasted
- Butternut Squash, Roasted
- Fresh Mango, Diced
Instead of adding corn chips, you could serve the salad in a baked tortilla bowl. Kids would especially love that!
- 1 tbsp tahini (sesame seed paste or butter)
- 2 tbsp water
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- (you could also add: garlic, lemon/lime juice, salt and pepper OR use this Creamy Avocado Dressing)
- A couple handfuls of greens (dark leaves are best, so a good Mixed Lettuce, baby spinach, shredded or baby kale)
- Handful of tomatoes (either a chopped up regular tomato, or handful of baby or grape)
- ½ cup canned/cooked beans (Black, Kidney, Chickpeas, Lentils)
- A couple handfuls of crushed corn chips
- ½ avocado, diced
- A bunch of cilantro (fresh coriander), chopped
- A drizzle of hot sauce (I like Sriracha, but any hot sauce or even dried chili flakes works)
- In a large bowl, whisk or stir it all dressing ingredients until you have a nice creamy consistency.
- Add the greens, tomatoes and beans and toss until well-coated.
- Add the corn chips, avocado, cilantro and hot sauce. Toss and serve.